You haven't been trained
until you've been AusTrained


We can recognise your existing skills and experience in the Hospitality industry through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

What is RPL?

RPL is a form of assessment that acknowledges skills and knowledge gained through:

  • Formal training conducted by industry or education
  • Work experience
  • Life experience

The main principle of RPL focuses on the outcomes rather than when or where the learning occurred. Evidence of competency is collected by the applicant and submitted to the nominated assessor and assessment is made based on the required industry standard within the relevant training package unit of competency.

We may grant skills recognition in the following qualification:

  • SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery

Please complete our Expression of Interest Form to determine your eligibility for Skills Recognition.

This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.

The skills and knowledge gained from achievement of this qualification are highly sought after in Australia. In fact, cooks are listed on the National Skills Needs List.

Austrain Academy has links with many Australian organisations who require employees in their Food Service operations.

Subject to meeting DIAC Requirements, students may be eligible for The Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visa. This is an employer sponsored work visa designed to allow highly skilled foreign workers to work in Australia for up to 4 years.

In order for a business to sponsor foreign workers for a Subclass 457 visa, it must first be approved as a sponsor.

There are "benchmarks" required to be meet and maintained to ensure the guidelines of the 457 Visa Program are both met and maintained.

Austrain Academy can provide information to students regarding organisations that may be able to assist with this process.

Are you coming to Australia to work in the Hospitality Industry? In New South Wales you may need to have an RSA, RCG and an FSS. Click here for more information about our Short Courses.